I'd like to send out a quick WOW to all of you who sent in your photos of life around UB and Mount Vernon over the past week. Definitely some cool stuff going on! If you don't see your photos here this week, look for them throughout the rest of the summer.
Today's submissions start with the big picture: the monuments and icons that have come to define UB Midtown. Rounds of applause go to Sarah Brown for the modern submissions and to Aiden Faust of UB Special Collections for the historical perspective.
Anyone interested in more historical print or photo work is encouraged to search UB's archives at http://archives.ubalt.edu/photographs.htm. I also recommend the Maryland Historical Society's online collection at http://www.mdhs.org/.
To send in more of your photos, email as an attachment to jason.ubblog@gmail.com





2 comments:
Beautiful photos, Jason! Thanks so much for compiling these ... still need to get some of my own in. Will do soon.
Great pictures. I especially love the historical prints. It's amazing to see what Baltimore was like back then. So much as changed...and yet, so little.
Post a Comment