Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Now It's Time to Say Goodbye....






Well this either is or will be next to the last blog of the semester. Today is the last day of class for me. It has been an interesting semester. Partly because it was first class in over 12 years. Next because it was interesting to see how I could handle school, working and motherhood. I was always happy when we got out of class 20 or 30 minutes early because it meant I was able to get home before my son went to bed. I love my good night kisses from him !!! I've already registered for next semester and need to pinch some pennies so I can pay for that in the next month on top of squeezing in a Christmas gift or two. On top of school, work and motherhood, I've also had new discipleship classes at church on Saturday or Sunday since last month. So I've been busy. Hopefully in the end I will all be worth it....school and church.

So let's reflect for a moment, shall we. First I've had the wonderful opportunity to blog for the school. It's been a great experience. I have enjoyed reading posts from the "younger folks", as my mother says !!!! In case no one noticed, I'm the oldest blogger !! I have truly appreciated everyone that has followed me (especially Kimmie and Markeia and Ms. Brenda). Ya'll have been my biggest fans posting comments almost faithfully. Thank you ladies. And thanks mom for sharing with the ladies (and any gentleman !!) on your job. One day we're going to get you into an Internet literacy class !

Next I was able to enjoy some wonderful workshops offered here on campus. I took the PC to MAC 101 class offered by the Academic Resource Center. This was a really good workshop. I learned enough to get me started I think for my first computer class next semester. It surely has me interested in wanting to attending more classes. Just this past Saturday, I took the Introduction to HTML and HTML with Style workshops held in the Langsdale Library. Now this was truly fun. I've always been interested in learning how to design a website and this class was just what I needed. Intro to HTML was a great introduction to the language. It gave you the basics to get started and if I understood the instructor correctly, there are "cheat sheets" on the library's website. But he did give a few webpages that had links to shortcuts. I'm sure a book on HTML wouldn't hurt either. So over the winter break, I think I will try to create a basic webpage that has links to my blogs. But the best part about all three of these workshops? They were F-R-E-E......that's the best price of all !!!!! So take advantage of these workshops. We're students. This is our school. These services are here for us to utilize.

The only thing that didn't happen for me is making a new connection with anyone. There may be several reasons behind this one.... I only had one class and there was no group or partner assignments. Almost everyone in the class has already been enrolled in school for a semester or two. Two or three are graduating. Another two or three have other classes with each other. But it's all good. I'll have plenty of time to meet someone. I'll be here for the next 3-4 years !

So I just wanted to say thank you for following me. I will continue to keep you all posted on my progress as I try once again to earn a degree.
Have a safe holiday and to the students and other bloggers, good luck with next semester.
Peace, love and hairgrease (my college and DC friends will get that !!!)
from your girl Charlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... I'm so sad to see this end. Your blogs were good for my Thursday lunch break down time. Well I wish you all the best and keep on going down that successful path you are on. Stay positive and sweet.

With lots of love from one of your admirers,

Markeia---one of the younger folks!

Unknown said...

Hi Charlene

Now that semester just flew by! Well, at least in terms of reading your blogs... if you're not continuing "officially" for the school blog, is there any chance you'll continue it elsewhere for your ever-growing bunch of fans? Please keep us posted!!! :-)

Greetz from the other side of the ocean, and have a nice weekend!

Mariska