Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome Back ....A semester of firsts !!

Hello UB, family and friends....I'm back !!! I missed you all. Hopefully everyone that followed me last semester will follow me this semester and tell your friends about me and the other bloggers.

Well I'm sure nobody wants to read about all the snow that this region and the nation has had over the last week or two. I'm sure you all have pictures to show. I know I plenty of them. I even created an entire album and posted the on my Facebook page ! Some of you may still have aches and pains. Luckily mine didn't last but two days. Mostly cause I didn't do too much shoveling.

Like the title reads A Semester of Firsts.

For starters it's the first semester utilizing our new parking garage. For those people that fuss about the parking situation around campus....why? There's a new garage with ample parking and at a reasonable price. It's certainly a lot cheaper than many downtown parking facilities...so utilize it people. Make it your first time !! Don't worry the shuttle comes right there to pick you up.

Today, I checked out some books from the campus library for the first time. This might not be exciting or even interesting but the circumstances by which I had to get these books is. I signed a contract to participate as a blogger so I won't go into that situation !!!! I think it might violate some rules in that contract.

Today, I also went to the Design Lab (Rm 204) for the first time. For a $50 lab fee I'm going to at least go look at the place !! I must say it wasn't too bad. Felt a little strange because I am still getting used to the MAC system. Never worked on one. Didn't know how to open the CD drive....sad, right. But I must say both lab assistants I asked for help were great. The young lady left shortly after I got there but the gentleman stopped what he was each time I asked a question. He didn't just tell me what to do. He showed me. So I was very appreciative of that.

Another big first for me is the purchase of this expensive MAC computer. I'm told I will love it. It will be my best friend. I'll never want to use a PC again. I'm going to love doing this and that. For now, I just want to learn how to use the thing and pass my class this semester with at least a 'B'. I wont' ask for an 'A' because the semester is starting off a little rocky. But I have faith a 'B' is doable.

So as most of you that followed me last semester know, my first entry is always nice and sweet and simple. Oh yeah, I lied. I couldn't leave this post without at least one picture of the snow !


So I'll see you all next MONDAY
Enjoy the week and your weekend.

6 comments:

Spencer said...

Congrats on the Mac, you will never look back.

AND did you know that with all the snow on the ground on, last Friday they even gave FREE PARKING to help students out? I take the light rail anyways, but it seems to me like UB is ahead of the game with parking.

Anonymous said...

Ms Brenda said...Good to see you back. Look forward to your blogs.

giordana segneri said...

Welcome back, Charlene! I'm a Mac girl all the way, and while it takes a little while to get used to the platform after you've been trained on a PC, you'll quickly recognize how intuitive (and virus free!) it is. Good luck with classes--looking forward to reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Your back! I really look forward to your blogs this time. Only thing, I have to get used to them being on Monday instead of Thursday. On the other hand this may be good. They can keep me awake. You know how Mondays can be the longest day of the weekend!! Talk to you soon.

Markeia

Kimmie said...

Charlene...Welcome Back to blogging...like you don't have a million other things to do..right? Of course you do...but you are taking time out of your busy schedule to have fun blogging....Enjoy the Mac...On Mac I like Is Big Mac but hey who am I? lol.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back blogger…Mondays are hard for me…so maybe it will help me be more positive (or not)…happy semester…

B !!!